In its fifth iteration, the Challenger furthers its reputation for versatility
Fast and light on the trail, its midsole geometry ensures a smooth ride on the road. While the distinctive multi-lugged outsole leaves you in no doubt as to its trail heritage. Arranged closer together towards the heel for a smoother, more consistent ride, the lugs have a wider spread in the forefoot to help with grip on the trail and in wet conditions. The Challenger ATR 5 also features midfoot overlays for improved lockdown as well as a supportive heel counter for lateral and medial security. It looks fast and goes fast.
- Dual-layer mesh balances support, durability and breathability.
- Textured TPU toe reinforcement for added durability.
- Internal heel counter provides support on all terrains.
- Early stage Meta-Rocker for a smooth ride.
- Lightweight and oversized EVA midsole provides signature HOKA ONE ONE® cushioning.
- CMEVA foam midsole provides stable footing and absorbs impact points.
- 4mm lugs provide all-terrain traction.
- Podular outsole design provides stability on uneven terrain.
- Best for: Trail.
- Stability: Neutral.
- Cushion: Balanced.
- Drop: 5 mm.
- Real weight: 275 g (Us 9).
Meta-Rocker, or wheels for your feet, is all about the geometry. The Hoka team combine a low heel-toe drop, their unique-shaped midsoles and signature Hoka cushioning to complement a runner's normal gait cycle and drive you forward.